Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Fox and The Crow

So the last couple of weeks I've been working on an assignment in Storyboarding class that is an adaptation of Aesop's Fable "The Fox and The Crow". This assignment nearly killed me because we had to take what is basically a 3 sentence fable and flesh it out into a full story including new dialogue and scenes. I LOVED this assignment because it pushed me harder than any previous, but I hate myself during this assignment because I re-wrote and re-drew it 3 times in a 3 week period.

Seriously. First time it was 200 panels. Hated what I had done. Second round was 160 panels and it completely missed the point of the assignment. Round 3 is around 120 something panels (the pics below are only the first few scenes) and by the time I got done with the 2nd act, I was rewriting again, but mostly fine tuning and redrawing panels and finally having to sketch out the last 30 panels or so because I didn't have time to do any clean work on those ones.

I am officially the worst director I've even worked for. haha. I need to work on focusing on moving ahead with a story and being a better editor before getting past the thumbnail stage into clean ups.

Granted not all boarding jobs require you to be a writer, but being able to think like one and self-edit to plus a script on the job will definitely make me a stronger board artist.


2 comments:

nic said...

updaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!!
nag nag nag nag....

irn said...

grandissimo!