Monday, March 22, 2010

Storyboarding 'Balloon' Thumbnails


Giving you a heads up of why I haven't been posting anything but random quick crappy pieces of art lately.

56 of 90 panels thumbnailed out for my new storyboarding assignment due this week in my class.

Oy. The Ducktropolis one has taken back burner right now because I still have tons of time to finish that one. But this one we only have 2 weeks to do and that included character design, background design and writing and boarding. This class does it all. ouch. haha.

Anyhow. The theme for this boarding assignment was 'Gags'.

We're to do 90 panels/30 boarding pages of someone who gives a balloon to a baby and gets nothing out of it.

I ended up writing a gag based script of a baby who has a balloon. A thief running from the cops accidentally slips on a skateboard and as he rolls by the baby he accidentally trades a balloon for his money bag. Then goes down a hill and gags ensue from there. He ends up back where he started from. The balloon falls back into the baby's grip and the thief goes to jail.

Not a clever story or anything like that. It's mostly trying to link gags together so it doesn't break up the flow.

Anyhow. These are thumbnails that are literally about 1in x 2inches in size. I'm going to work my ass off to finish the thumbs and story then blow them up to clean up for class.

In other words...personal art is taking a severe backseat these days.

2 comments:

biboun said...

good storyboard ^^
goodjob dude!!!

The Hen said...

Looking at these boards again, all I can think is I'd love to animate this. I can feel the timing in the boards and I love all the reveals. Can't wait to see how it pans out.