Friday, March 17, 2006

Spider-Man Pages

Well here it is. My 5 pages of Seq's that I've stuffed into my portfolio for pimpin' tomorrow at Wizard World. In retrospect there's some changes that I'd make. But I just plain don't have the time before I have to get to the con. Shame. But ah well, worst that can happen is that I don't get hired. Just means I have time to refine my shit again by the next con (SDCC). I'm hopeful though.
And honestly, I think at the very least I'm getting my name out there more. Which is always a good thing. I also threw in some pinups after the sequentials to present others for cover work, pinups and design stuff. Now the best I can say at this point is that I've worked my ass off the past few weeks in preparation for the con and I think I have a good presentation this year. I've had a lot of fun this year developing as an artist and finally realizing the truth in my friends words who tell me to get off my ass and do something with my work. So I'm knuckling down and fighting to find that niche. So to Ed, Shane, Sean, Jeff and all you other pains in my ass YES I'm trying to get out of accounting. I'm working towards a career in art. What's there left to do now but to do it? Right? I think it was karma though that made it so I don't have a table at SDCC. Sure it would be nice to have made money while there. But this forces me to get off my ass and show my shit around. Last year I really didn't. I didn't show my portfolio to a single soul. I didn't have the drive. Now I do. So pray for me Argentina that I get out of this acconting business soon and into full time art jobbin.

5 comments:

Keith H said...

Hot!! The all-glass building in the BG when Otto's lifting the bus looks a bit wonky, but hot diggity damn that'd get cleaned up on inks. Spidey with the bus-on-web and the double-page splash are outstanding.

The Monkeyking said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Monkeyking said...

Jeeez! look at you drawing people, cars, buildings and stuff. Making me look bad. Stop it! :)

Cool!

Berg said...

Matt the stuff on this site is incredible. Can't wait to see more of your Pet Pro work.

KAHNEHTEH said...

Hello Matt.

I stumbled into this blog in some fashion - I don't remember how - but I'm very glad that I did. This is amazing work and I hope you managed to get a few people/companies interested when you showed your samples at WW:LA. I was walking around that show just *looking* for something to buy and I'm sorry I didn't manage to stop by your table to look through your stuff personally. As far as SDCC goes - don't get dicouraged.

Anyway, based on what you wrote on the blog you've got a very good attitude in finding work in the art industry and I hope you continue to persue it (if they haven't snatched you up already). Again, it's really amazing work, man. And the colored images on this blog are great too.

_e.